Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Hibernation


This winter has been a strange one for me. I have often coveted a bears ability to remain inside through the cold. I could picture her there all warm and snug in her den. Not truly hibernating, but, just being dormant and only coming out on the warmest of days. Because, I'm now a stay at home mom, I've finally been able to do just that.
 No cursing the snowstorms, no cleaning off the car in the morning, and no white knuckled, butt clenchingly cold ride to work (my car didn't have heat). I love it. While the rest of the world wages war against old man winter, I can stay in my warm little house and watch the snowfall.
After all the rush from the holidays things have been quiet. We've all been working on our winter projects. Boy is finishing up a new piece of furniture for the dining room. It's a buffet! I can't wait until it's complete. I've been trying out some new art projects, reading, and trying to plan out next years garden. Binker is crawling now and she is quickly discovering the joys of solid foods.
But, before you hate me too much there are a few drawbacks. I'm alone with a baby, and sometimes a couple extra toddlers (I babysit), most of the day during the week. And because I spend so much time with little ones I've developed some odd habits. Like announcing to everyone, adults included, that I have to go use the potty.
 But, its a fair trade. At least for me. I'm happy for right this moment, snug and warm in my den. Let it snow.

No comments:

Post a Comment