Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Snails and Puppy Dog Tails


My baby girl, she goes by many names. Including: Newbie, Sweets, Polka, Stinker-Binker, Binker, and sometimes Binks. As you can see, with parents like us, she's doomed from the start. Well, Binker has finally shown a preference toward something besides me. She doesn't like pacifiers, her thumb finds its way into her mouth once and a while but, it never stays for long. She has plenty of stuffed animals but, so far she doesn't show any favoritism toward anyone in particular. When she's upset she has always turned to me for comfort. I was talking with a friend of mine, and she said, that Sweets needed to find a lovey. A lovey is an object that a child becomes attached to. And, despite the silly name, I had hoped my daughter would find one.
So, it seems my little baby has finally found a lovey. It usually manifests itself in the form of blanket carrying or teddy bear cuddling. But, I never would have dreamt of this:
What the heck is it? 
Why, it's a puppy dog tail. Duh.
Piles of toys and she plays with this thing for hours. Not the dog, just the tail. What can I say? As I said, with parents like us, she's doomed to be weird. But, if baby is happy, I'm happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment