Monday, August 16, 2010

A.T.C. Swap


I've discovered something new. Well it's at least new to me. Apparently, people have been doing this for the past few years. It's called an A.T.C. swap. The A. T. C. stands for Artist Trading Cards. You create tiny little artworks and trade them with other artists. It's a good way to get to know local artists in your area. I love the stupid little things. 

The only rule's are that they have to be original pieces. And they have to be 2.5 in. by 3.5 in. Then you take them to a Swap and trade them with others. I made 7 cards and traded them. So, I got to leave the swap with 7 miniature pieces of art. All of which are unique to the artist that  made them. Some are done on computer, some are painted, one uses scrapbooking materials, another is a collage of ribbon. Mine were done with construction paper. *Blush* I know I'm a high class sophisticated artist. But, I love construction paper. 

Because they are so small. Starting them is not as intimidating as starting a huge project. And they really aren't costing me much money. So I can't use that as an excuse either. So, I am hoping these little mini-works will at least keep my creative juices flowing. Since I'm such a slothful artist. I'm big on concepts but, not so good with the actualization. In other words, I'm good at coming up with idea's but, I just don't feel motivated enough to actually do anything with them- because I'm lazy.
I wasn't really sure how to handle these. I didn't want to just create smaller versions of my other works. So figured I would keep it simple. For these I am hoping to create a visual diary. So, if you come to an A.T.C. Swap I might just be there. And I hope you'll trade with me. I'll give you a little piece of paper or as I like to think of it, a piece of my life, scaled down, 2 dimensional and done in construction paper and ink.
-------Fin-------

No comments:

Post a Comment